Saturday 24 March 2007

Julie's Quilt


I have had a relatively busy week finishing a quilt for a girlfriend's 40th Birthday. Julie saw another quilt I had made last year and was taken by the design. The pattern is from M'Liss Rae Hawley's book - Phenomenal fat quarter quilts. Julie likes dusky pink tones and so I went through my stash and came upon enough fabrics for the top. I purchased the border fabric from Spotlight (on sale) and added the backing from the shop stock. I have just to finish the binding tonight before giving it to her tomorrow. She has 38 friends attending a winery tour she has organised in the McLaren Vales, SA. It should be a great day, just need to finish the quilt.
Caitlin (DD 13) played in her softball pre-lim final today. They won 32 - 22 and next week come up against Blue Jays in the Grand Final. I have 2 small quilts to finish for the coaches this week as well as getting ready for my first Craft Fair for the year.
I will be taking the shop to the Food, Wine & Fun Fair at Mt Compass, SA on Sunday 1st April. I haven't attended this fair before so I am hoping for a good day. It will be great to see some new faces anyway. Until next time...........Have a great day.

No comments: