Tuesday 29 May 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy.

I've had a really productive day. Valerie & Lynn came around for a day of sewing. I unpicked the borders of a Ricky Tims Convergence Quilt I made at Retreat last September. I didn't like what I had done originally so off it came and on went the new border. I finished the borders of my 1930's Sunbonnet Sue Quilt too. The blocks for this quilt were made for me by Lissa Morrow of West Wallsend, NSW back in 2001 as part of a SCQ Block Swap. Last September's Retreat at Mannum I put the Sunnbonnet Sue blocks together with an Irish Chain setting, using 1930's fabrics of course. So another quilt top finished. I also had some stack & slash blocks I had made using 6 fat 1/4's from the Moda Sonnet range. I put these together and just need to put on a couple of borders before that top too will be finished. I will have to baste them all though, quilt & bind them before they will be completely finished. I hope to do this during the next month. Unfortunately I lent a friend my digital camera so I can't post photos at the moment. With any luck it wont be long before I will have it back & there will be some quilts finished ready to share with you.
My friend Dierdre in Atherton had a baby boy on the 18th so I have made him an I Spy quilt. I quilted that tonight and just need to sew down the binding tomorrow before sending it on. I know it will be well received.
I will be heading to Mannum again on Friday for 3 days of uninterupted sewing. Yipee! There will be 9 other Gawler Quilters attending and we always have plenty of fun. I have 3 projects already to go and will probably baste a couple of the smaller tops ready for quilting. Even if I only get a couple of jobs done I will be happy. It's now after midnight and I have to work tomorrow so until next time........keep smiling :))))))

No comments: